Home / Visiting Students / Undergraduates / Summer Undergraduate Research Programme (SURP) / Application

SURP 2017
Henry KIM
University of California, Berkeley, US
SURP 2017
“This attachment has totally changed my view on lab research. I have my first encounter with eastern and western integrative medicine, and have really enjoyed seeing how the research gets applied into clinical practice.”

Summer Undergraduate Research Programme (SURP)


Thank you for your interest in the Summer Undergraduate Research Programme 2020 at The Chinese University of Hong Kong. The application was close on 17 February 2020. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at surp_oal@cuhk.edu.hk.

Applicants should submit the online application HERE by 17 February 2020 with the following documents:

  • Recent letter of recommendation from an academic staff (a professor/lecturer) at the home institution dated within six months at the time of application
  • Latest academic transcript
  • Copy of the identification/particulars page of the applicant’s passport
  • Copy of proof of English proficiency (Only for students from a university where English is not the medium of instruction)

Test scores achieved in the following English Language Tests will be accepted as the proof of English proficiency. For more information, please refer to the language requirement for exchange students.

English Language Tests Required Score
‒      Paper-Based 530
‒      Computer-Based 197
‒      Internet-Based 71
IELTS (Academic) 6

  • Copy of the Hong Kong Identity Card (Only for HKID Card holders)

Students who have a Permanent HKID Card do not need to apply for a student visa for their studies at CUHK. If you are a Permanent HKID Card holder, please upload a photocopy of your HKID card in the online application form. Visas will be applied for all successful applicants who are not citizens of Hong Kong and application charge will apply.

Note: Students from the University of California should apply to UCEAP in addition to SURP. For details, please click here.